Friday, August 6, 2010

Any simple no cooking involved dinner recipes??

Does anyone have any good no-cook dinner recipes? Lately, I've been having to stay late at work and the last thing I want to do when I come home is cook anything. Plus, on a lot of days it feels too hot to have the oven one (OK, OK, I have air conditioning, but it does sound like a good excuse). Any good, simple ideas?

I have several old standbys and I will hopefully post them every week. For now, here are some ideas that I found in a diet tips article on the Prevention website:
  • The smallest fast food burger (with mustard and ketchup). Then, have an apple or baby carrots at home. Note: I've never tried this. I don't think it would be possible for me to walk out of McDonald's without fries.
  • A peanut butter sandwhich on whole wheat bread with a glass of 1% milk and an apple
  • Pre-cooked chicken strips and microwaved frozen broccoli topped with Parmesan cheese
  • A bag of frozen vegetables heated up with 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and 2 tablespoons of chopped nuts

These might be OK for lunch, but none sound filling enough for dinner! Maybe you guys have some more ideas!

P.S. I added some new items to my blog sale - check 'em out! :)

2 comments:

  1. The crock put/slow cooker is my best friend! Toss in meat, potatoes and veggies in the morning and you come home to not only a wonderful smelling home but dinner is ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really a recipe but for a no-cook dinner, I will put out a plate of fruit with either cottage cheese or fruit dressing (orange juice and lemon yogurt stirred together until you like consistency). Fruit alone isn't enough to fill me up, so I also put an English muffin in the toaster and then put honey and/or butter on it once it's done.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...