Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My First Wedding Wednesday

I've noticed that the term "Wedding Wednesday" is quite popular in the blogosphere and I'm shamelessly appropriating it here. So here is my Wedding Wednesday. What do I have to report? Well, we have set a date... sort of. I won't say it now for fear of jinxing it.... but it has a lot of 1s in it. Right now, the date (and our dream reception venue) is at the mercy of my local Catholic church. And so seems to begin the joys and frustrations of wedding planning.

I'm hardly qualified to offer any advice on this subject, but let's pretend for a moment that I am. My first piece of advice would be to TAKE YOUR TIME. I don't really know why I dove headfirst into the planning. I literally started a couple of days after my boyfriend asked me to marry him. I think I started because I was SO excited, but continued because people kept asking me where/when I had in mind. Also because I'm just a crazy person. So if you just got engaged, take my advice and just take it easy for awhile. Relax. Enjoy being engaged. Fight the urge to sign up for http://www.theknot.com/ because their frequent emails will STRESS YOU OUT.

1 comment:

  1. Boy do I remember those emails. I would get them and I would freak because I hadn't done anything on their stinky little to do lists. HA!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...