Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! I saw my family, wore my Lilly, ate too much food - all in all a good day! It was nice to attend mass at the church I went to growing up. The church looked beautiful with pretty Easter flowers everywhere. I wish I had snapped a picture, but knew that would be a wee bit rude during the service and there were too many people milling around afterwards. Here's what it looks like normally:


Afterwards, I helped my mom get ready for the rest of my family to arrive. It was great to see my aunt and uncle and cousins from NJ. My cousin lives in Rhode Island now and I'm so lucky to have her close by. She's lived all over the world and the country and am so happy she has settled only 45 minutes away (at least for awhile!). She's like a sister to me and I'm so thankful to have her! Plus, now I get to see her family more because they come to visit her!

My boyfriend also came by for dessert which was great. We've been dating for over two years, but I still get a little nervous every time he spends time with my family. Is that totally weird??? I think I'm the kind of person that naturally tries to compartmentalize everything in my life and keep things separate and mixing parts of my life makes me a little uneasy for some reason. I'm not sure what I think is going to go wrong! Does anyone else feel this way?? I'm learning not to think that way though. I love spending time with his family and I'm trying to enjoy mixing family time and him time just as much. He gets along great with everyone so it was fun. I wish I had pictures, but I was too distracted by the food!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter or Passover weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great Easter! I just recently found your blog and love it!

    I don't think its weird to get nervous when your bf is with your family. I'm not dating anyone right now, but I know I would get nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a wonderful Easter weekend! Your church is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your church is beautiful and I’m so glad that you had a Happy Easter! I think I understand what you mean about your bf. I used to be like that with Geof, but it was more me worrying that everyone was getting along and that things were going well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is a beautiful church!! I am glad to hear you had such a blessed Easter! Don't worry, you are not alone with the boyfriend thing! I feel the exact same way, by nature I try to please everyone, so sometimes it is hard when different people in my life mix. For me it was a temporary problem- I'm sure you will be feeling great about it before you know it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...