Thursday, April 8, 2010

Kindred Spirits

Did anyone ever read L.M. Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables series? I loved those books and movies when I was younger. Did anyone else love them too?? A few years ago, a friend of mine visited Green Gables on Prince Edward Island and I was soo jealous. A visit there is definitely on my to-do list. I came across the Windy Poplars blog (btw, Anne of Windy Poplars was my very favorite book in the series... check it out if you've never read it!) and her Kindred Connection party. I liked the questions a lot, so here I go!


1. If you could describe your desired lifestyle in one word, what would it be?


Light-hearted. As they said in Garden State, if you can't laugh at yourself, life is going to seem a whole lot longer than you'd like. I tend to be a huge worrier, so I need to remind myself to take things a lot more lightly.


2. What style of home is your "House of Dreams"?

An elegant and stately brick Colonial... like this one for sale in my parent's neighborhood. It's probably a little too big to realistically live in!

3. If you could live in a fictional story/movie, which would it be and why?


Maybe Harry Potter or Narnia? That would be fun. Or Great Gatsby's East Egg. Or Gossip Girl!



4. Do you prefer coffee or tea? Favorite kind?


I like both, but I prefer tea. I love iced tea with lots of lemon in the summer. I also love Earl Grey tea and Red Rose tea. This Early Grey with lavender is wonderful.



5. Share the last sweet/romantic thing your hubby did for you.


Well, I don't have a hubby... but I mentioned to my bf the other night that I was really in the mood for a McFlurry and he surprised me with one!



What would your answers be? Or better yet, visit Windy Poplars and join the party!

6 comments:

  1. YUMMMMM!! McFlurry!!! I want one right now!! XOXO

    Thanks for your sweet comment, the cherry blossoms are amazing, my very favorite time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! So nice to meet you - and so glad you joined the Kindred Connection party over at Windy Poplars :-) Yes, you guessed it, I'm a huge Anne fan, and my hubby and I got to visit PEI a couple of years ago too. Trip of a lifetime! Really enjoyed reading your answers - yeah, Harry Potter or Narnia would be so great! I love fictional worlds...so fascinating. Oh, and the house was pretty great too! Can I come visit when you move in (to stay in your sparest of spare rooms of course!) Hope you're having a great day, and I look forward to getting to know you better. ~Kristin from Windy Poplars

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, I loveedd Anne of Green Gables! That house is fabulous- definitely a dream house. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answers! Totally agree on bringing East Egg to life. I LOVED Anne of Green Gables when I was younger and my family took a trip to PEI/Nova Scotia a few years back and had an amazing time in PEI seeing the Anne of Green Gables play and seeing some other Anne attractions around the Island. It is such a beautiful area, I would totally recommend going there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog. Your dream house is fab! Pop over to my place for a visit, www.jdbrememberwhoyouare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the little things are so romantic...McFlurries rock!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...